Ohio has invested in rapid COVID-19 testing with a goal of using fast, free, and convenient testing to control the spread of COVID-19. Below are details about the various partners we are working with to make testing available.
In addition, we are working with local health departments, public libraries, and community health centers to make rapid tests – both at-home and onsite – available and accessible for all Ohioans. These tests are especially powerful in providing access to testing for our vulnerable populations.
Initiate a BinaxNOW Home test session by visiting Ohio.emed.com
General Guidance Documents
- Abbott BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test Kit, Ohio User Guide
- Abbott BinaxNOW Home Test Weekly Reporting Form
- Abbott BinaxNOW Home Test Weekly Reporting User Guide
- Federal K-12 COVID-19 Testing Guidance for Ohio Schools
- Abbott BinaxNOW Ag Home Tests Guidance for K-12 Schools
- Abbott BinaxNOW Ag Home Tests Q&A for K-12 Schools
- Responsible Restart - Principles for Developing a Screening Testing Program for Institutions of Higher Education
- Abbott BinaxNOW Traditional Test Guidance for Higher Education
- Abbott BinaxNOW Traditional Test Q&A for Higher Education
- Abbott BinaxNOW At-Home Test Guidance for Higher Education
- Abbott BinaxNOW At-Home Test Q&A for Higher Education
Local Health Departments
- Local Health Department At-Home Testing Request
- Abbott BinaxNOW At-Home Test Guidance for Local Health Departments
- Abbott BinaxNOW At-Home Test Q&A for Local Health Departments
- Abbott BinaxNOW At-Home Test Guidance for Libraries
- Abbott BinaxNOW At-Home Test Q&A for General Use
- Abbott BinaxNOW At-Home Test Administrator User Guide
The extended expiration dates for BinaxNOW Traditional tests (i.e., clinical tests) can be found in a chart provided by Abbott. In order to find the new date, you must identify the lot number on the box of test kits.
The expiration dates for BinaxNOW Home tests were set to expire after nine months, but the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has authorized an extension of the expiration dates to 12 months. For each home test, add three additional months to the expiration date identified on the outside of the box.