COVID-19 Checklist for Colleges and Universities
Top 5 Things You Can Do to Prepare for COVID-19
Ohio Department of Health Director Amy Acton, M.D., MPH, strongly recommends that all colleges and universities immediately take the following actions:
- Prepare to conduct all classes online. When cancelling in-person classes, look to other universities for examples.
- Cancel or postpone mass gatherings. For sporting events family members and media will still be able to attend.
- Screen students returning to school from international travel or cruises, including but not limited to students returning from spring break travel. Cancel or postpone any university- sponsored international or non-essential travel for students and faculty.
- Engage campus EMA/EMS/campus police to establish an incident command system structure in case it is needed.
- Establish food delivery services from cafeterias so that students who have illness consistent with COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath) do not have to leave their rooms to get food.
For answers to your COVID-19 questions, call 1-833-4ASKODH (1-833-427-5634).
Study Abroad Guidance: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/student-foreign-travel.html.
- Stay home when you are sick
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Get adequate sleep and eat well-balanced meals
- Wash hands often with water and soap (20 seconds or longer)
- Dry hands with a clean towel or air dry your hands
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth with unwashed hands or after touching surfaces
- Clean and disinfect "High-Touch" surfaces often
- Call before visiting your doctor
- Practice good hygiene habits