This page contains a collection of the most recent news releases from Governor Mike DeWine, the Ohio Department of Health and slides used in COVID-19 Daily Briefings by Gov. DeWine and Amy Acton, MD, MPH, Director of the Ohio Department of Health. Also included on this page are a selection of curated news stories about COVID-19.
Governor Mike DeWine
- 05/29/20 - UPDATE: Disparity, K-12 Reopening, Medical Procedures, Funding Opportunities for Businesses
- 05/29/20 - Governor Announces New Health Order Signed 5/29
- 05/29/20 - Governor Announces New Health Orders Signed 5/29
- 05/28/20 - COVID-19 Update: Testing, Assisted Living Visitation, Premium Deferrals, Fair
- 05/26/20 - COVID-19 Update: Congregate Care Unified Response Teams
- 05/22/20 - Governor Announces New Health Orders Signed 5/22
- 05/21/20 - COVID-19 Update: Efforts to Improve Minority Health, New Sector Openings
- 05/20/20 - Governor Announces New Health Orders Signed
- 05/19/20 - COVID-19 Update: Ohioans Protecting Ohioans Urgent Health Advisory
- 05/18/20 - COVID-19 Update: Safety Checks, Twin Valley Update, Veterans Home Update
- 05/14/20 - COVID-19 Update: New Responsible RestartOhio Opening Dates
- 05/12/20 - Pandemic EBT, Additional Services to Reopen, Staying Connected
- 05/07/20 - Reopening of Restaurants, Bars, and Personal Care Services
- 05/05/20 - State Budget Impact
- 05/04/20 - Testing Priority, Ohio BMVs
- 05/02/20 - Advisory Groups on Restaurants, and Personal Services
- 04/30/20 - Prison PPE, ODRC Update
- 04/29/20 - PPE Delivery, Employee Face Covering Exceptions, Criminal Justice Grants...
- 04/28/20 - Face Coverings, Advisory Groups on Restaurants, Barbershops, and Salons
- 04/27/20 - Praise for Governor DeWine's Responsible RestartOhio Plan
- 04/27/20 - Governor DeWine Announces Details of Ohio's Responsible RestartOhio Plan
- 04/23/20 - How Environmental Changes Impact Health Risk
- 04/22/20 - Elective Surgery Order, Mental Health CareLine
- 04/21/20 - FDA Reagent Approval, Testing Strike Team, Fair Wavier, JobsOhio Banking Partnership...
- 04/16/20 - Governor DeWine Discussed State’s Plan for Reopening Businesses, Regional Coalition Formed
- 04/15/20 - Deferred Elective Procedures, CARES Act Payments, 1099 Unemployment Claims...
- 04/14/20 - Medicaid Waiver Application, First Responder Safety, Essential Job Openings
- 04/13/20 - Nursing Home Order, Liquor Sales, TANF Funding, Rapid Testing, Prison Update
- 04/10/20 - Eased Medicaid Restrictions, N95 Sterilization, Distillery-Made Hand Sanitizer...
- 04/08/20 - Continue Staying Home, Correction Officer Death, PPE Sterilization...
- 04/07/20 - Liquor Sales, Office of Small Business Relief, Ohio Prisons, SNAP Payments
- 04/04/20 - Ohioans Encouraged to Wear Cloth Masks in Public; Governor Signs TeleHealth Executive Order...
- 04/03/20 - Testing Supplies; PPE Sanitizing; Inmate Release Recommendation...
- 04/02/20 - Ohio Stay at Home Order Extended Through May 1
- 04/01/20 - PPE Manufacturing, Testing Order, Click and Connect, Foreclosure Prevention
- 03/31/20 - Ohio Takes Inventory of Ventilators; Issues Emergency Connection Order...
- 03/30/20 - Governor DeWine Extends School Closure Order
- 03/29/20 - Governor DeWine, Lt. Governor Husted Thank FDA for Approval of Use of Battelle Technology
- 03/29/20 - Gov DeWine, Lt. Gov Husted Disappointment - FDA's Decision...
- 03/28/20 - Governor DeWine Makes Plea to FDA; Releases List of Needed PPE
- 03/27/20 - Governor DeWine Signs House Bill 197
- 03/26/20 - DeWine, Obhof, Householder Announce Postponement of State of the State Address
- 03/26/20 - Personal Protective Equipment Needed; New COVID-19 Data Dashboard Unveiled
- 03/25/20 - Requests for our Federal Partners
- 03/25/20 - Governor DeWine Statement on Passage of House Bill 197
- 03/23/20 - Governor DeWine Orders Hiring Freeze for State Agencies, Boards, and Commissions
- 03/22/20 - Ohio Issues "Stay at Home" Order; New Restrictions Placed on Day Cares for Children
- 03/21/20 - Day Support for Developmentally Disabled to Close; BWC Payments Deferred...
- 03/20/20 - Ohio Records First COVID-19 Death; Senior Centers, Adult Day Cares to Close
- 03/19/20 - Applications Being Accepted for Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program...
- 03/18/20 - Governor DeWine Announces Additional Temporary Business Closures
- 03/18/20 - Gov. DeWine, Lt. Gov. Husted Submit Formal Request for Fedl Assistance for Small Businesses
- 03/17/20 - Elective Surgeries Postponed in Ohio Hospitals
- 03/17/20 - Joint Statement from Governor DeWine and Secretary LaRose on Primary Election Lawsuits
- 03/16/20 - Statement from Ohio Governor Mike DeWine on the March 17, 2020 Election
- 03/16/20 - Joint Statement from Governor DeWine and Secretary LaRose on Ohio Primary
- 03/13/20 - Governor DeWine Provides COVID-19 Update
- 03/15/20 - Governor DeWine Orders Ohio Bars & Restaurants to Close
- 03/12/20 - Ohio Bans Mass Gatherings of 100 or More
- 03/12/20 - Governor DeWine 3-12-2020 COVID-19 Update (Video)
- 03/12/20 - Governor DeWine Announces School Closures
- 03/10/20 - Governor DeWine Recommends Limiting Large Indoor Gatherings
- 03/09/20 - Governor DeWine Signs Emergency Order Regarding Coronavirus Response
- 03/09/20 - Governor Mike DeWine - Update on State Response to Coronavirus
- 03/09/20 - Governor, Health Director Announce COVID-19 Testing Protocol
Ohio Department of Health (ODH)
04/01/20 - Order for Performing COVID-19 Testing