COVID-19 Travel Advisory
Protecting Against COVID-19
Those entering Ohio after travel to states reporting positive testing rates of 15% or higher for COVID-19 are advised to self-quarantine for 14 days.
Positivity rate is an indicator of how much COVID-19 there is in a community, and ODH is recommending against travel to those states with high positivity. If someone must travel, ODH is recommending 14 days of self-quarantine after leaving those locations. This advisory is intended for both leisure and business travel, and should be heeded by both Ohioans and out-of-state travelers.
The list of states will be updated every week on Wednesday. Based on a 7-day rolling average of positivity rates of September 16, the affected states are:
Note: The state of Texas is shaded gray this week on the Travel Advisory Map. The positivity rate for Texas is not available for this week due to a data reporting issue. Based on positivity trends in the recent past, we expect their positivity rate to be under 15%.
Take your temperature with a thermometer two times a day and monitor for fever, as well as other symptoms including cough, difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea.What to Do During Self-Quarantine
- If fever and/or symptoms develop, call your medical provider.
- Remain at home and avoid all in-person activities. This includes work, grocery stores and pharmacies, public events, and public places.
- If you live in a home with other people who did not travel with you, stay in a separate room. If this is not possible, wear a face mask when you are in the same room and stay at least six feet away from others.
- Do not leave home except to seek medical care. If you need to see a provider for reasons other than a medical emergency, please call in advance and discuss the care you need.
- In the event of a medical emergency, call 9-1-1. Indicate that you are in home quarantine for novel coronavirus exposure. Keep a face mask on until you are asked by a health care provider to remove it.
- Do not have visitors in your home.
- Do not use public transportation, taxis, or ride-shares.
Updated September 16, 2020.
- COVID-19 Quarantine FAQs
- COVID-19 Travel Guidance
- COVID 19 Travel Advisory FAQs
- If you’re Isolated or Quarantined - COVID-19 Checklist
- Helping the Isolated or Quarantined - COVID-19 Checklist
- Returning from International Travel
- Kentucky Department for Public Health Issues Advisory for Recent Travelers to States
- Symptoms of Coronavirus
For answers to your COVID-19 questions, call 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (1-833-427-5634).
Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. If you or a loved one are experiencing anxiety related to the coronavirus pandemic, help is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call the COVID-19 CareLine at 1-800-720-9616.
Protect yourself and others from COVID-19 by taking these precautions.
- Stay home except for work or other needs
- Wear a face covering when going out
- Practice social distancing of at least 6 feet from others
- Shop at non-peak hours.
- Wash hands often with water and soap (20 seconds or longer)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth with unwashed hands or after touching surfaces
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing
- Clean and disinfect "high-touch" surfaces often
- Don’t work when sick
- Call before visiting your doctor
If you have questions regarding Coronavirus/COVID-19 please call 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (1-833-427-5634)
CLEAN ALL "HIGH-TOUCH" SURFACES EVERY DAY
High touch surfaces include counters, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets, and bedside tables. Also, clean any surfaces that may have blood, stool, or body fluids on them. Use a household cleaning spray or wipe according to the label instructions. Labels contain instructions for safe and effective use of the cleaning product including precautions you should take when applying the product, such as wearing gloves and making sure you have good ventilation during use of the product.