Here’s a quick checklist to protect yourself and keep colds, flu, and COVID-19 at bay.
- Wash your hands. Scrubbing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds kills germs, reducing your chance of coming down with foodborne illnesses, colds, the flu, COVID-19 and other infections. When you aren’t near a sink, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Get a flu shot. Who enjoys a fever, chills, and body aches? No one wants to get the flu. Getting a flu shot can help keep you from getting it, protect the people around you, and reduce the severity of symptoms if you do get sick. Visit vaccinefinder.org to find a place to get a flu shot near you.
- Keep your distance. Standing 6 feet away from others helps you keep your germs to yourselves.
- Wear a mask. Using a cloth face covering or disposable mask to cover your mouth and nose protects you and the people around you. It also shows your friends, coworkers, and neighbors that you care about them. Wearing a mask helps keep Ohio businesses open and will help the economy thrive.
- Don’t let your guard down. Eat a well-balanced diet, stay active, and remember that you can’t just get sick from strangers. Illnesses are frequently passed between friends and family. Keep your distance and wear a mask when visiting with friends and extended family who don’t live in your household.