COVID-19 Checklist for Rideshare and Taxi Drivers and Passengers Protecting Against COVID-19
Ohio Department of Health Director Amy Acton, M.D., MPH, strongly recommends that rideshare and taxi drivers and passengers take the following actions:
- Stay home except for essential work or needs. Follow the prevention recommendations in the graphic below.
- Wear a cloth face covering/mask.
- Keep vehicle windows open whenever possible.
- Use pre-pay credit card options to make/collect payments whenever possible so drivers can avoid handling money. If cash is necessary, drivers should consider wearing disposable gloves when collecting money and wash hands or use sanitizer immediately afterward.
- If you are diagnosed with COVID-19 or think you may have it, do not use rideshare services, taxis, or public transportation.
- Sit in the back seat to create as much physical distance between you and the driver as possible.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Consider putting a physical barrier between the vehicle’s driver and passenger areas.
- Clean and disinfect the vehicle often — after every ride if possible, but always after dropping off passengers who appear ill. Use approved disinfectants and wear gloves while cleaning.
- Pay close attention to surfaces that are often touched by passengers such as door handles and window buttons.
- If delivering food, use the “leave at door” option.
- Post information for passengers in your back seat about stopping the spread of germs. Print and use the graphic provided at the end of this document.
For answers to your COVID-19 questions, call 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (1-833-427-5634).
If you or a loved one are experiencing anxiety related to the coronavirus pandemic, help is available. Call the Disaster Distress Helpline at 1-800-985-5990 (1-800-846-8517 TTY); connect with a trained counselor through the Ohio Crisis Text Line by texting the keyword “4HOPE” to 741 741; or call the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services help line at 1-877-275-6364 to find resources in your community.
Protect yourself and others from COVID-19 by taking these precautions.
- Stay home
- Practice Social Distancing
- Get adequate sleep and eat well-balanced meals
- Wash hands often with water and soap (20 seconds or longer)
- Dry hands with a clean towel or air dry your hands
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth with unwashed hands or after touching surfaces
- Clean and disinfect "High-Touch" surfaces often
- Call before visiting your doctor
- Practice good hygiene habits
If you have questions regarding Coronavirus/COVID-19 please call 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (1-833-427-5634)
CLEAN ALL "HIGH-TOUCH" SURFACES EVERY DAY
High touch surfaces include counters, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets, and bedside tables. Also, clean any surfaces that may have blood, stool, or body fluids on them. Use a household cleaning spray or wipe according to the label instructions. Labels contain instructions for safe and effective use of the cleaning product including precautions you should take when applying the product, such as wearing gloves and making sure you have good ventilation during use of the product.