Resources for Adults Struggling During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Help, resources, and ways to take care of yourself
Need to talk to someone?
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- The PEER Center Warm Line
(614) 358-TALK (8255), 5 p.m. to 3 a.m.
- Disaster Distress Helpline
1-800-985-5990 (1-800-846-8517 TTY)
- Ohio Crisis Text Line
Text the keyword “4HOPE” to 741 741
- Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services help line
1-877-275-6364 (to find resources in your community)
- Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services COVID-19 resources:
Support Groups and Apps
- The Addict’s Parents United: www.tapunited.org
- Al-Anon Electronic Meetings: al-anon.org/al-anon-meetings/electronic-meetings/
Help for Problem Gambling
- Problem Gambling Network of Ohio: https://pgnohio.org/what-we-do/resources-for-problem-gamblers.html
- Gamblers Anonymous Hotline Number: 855-2CALLGA (855-222-5542)
- Phone-in meetings: https://800gambler.org/help-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/
Recovery Support Groups
- Ohio Citizen Advocates Advocacy for Addiction Recovery: https://www.oca-ohio.org/covid-19.
- Narcotics Anonymous: https://nacentralohio.org/
- eAA: e-aa.org/.
- Al-Anon Electronic Meetings: al-anon.org/al-anon-meetings/electronic-meetings/.
- SAMHSA Virtual Recovery Resources: https://www.samhsa.gov/sites/default/files/virtual-recovery-resources.pdf.
- Sober Grid: https://www.sobergrid.com/
General Health and Wellness Resources
In-Home Physical Fitness
- Planet Fitness: https://www.facebook.com/planetfitness/
- Gold’s Gym: https://www.goldsgym.com/anywhere/
- Do Yoga with Me: https://www.doyogawithme.com/
- ActiveHealth Webinar: Strategies to Cope and Healthy Habits During Coronavirus: activehealth.webex.com
- Better You, Better Ohio! Bureau of Workers’ Compensation health and wellness program: https://info.bwc.ohio.gov/wps/portal/bwc/site/safety/resources/health-and-wellness-program
- Statewide Meditation: https://www.facebook.com/OHCitizenAdvocates/
For Specific Groups
- For Farmers: #GotYourBack: https://agri.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/oda/gotyourback
- For Veterans: MyHealtheVet: https://www.myhealth.va.gov
- Unemployment: https://unemployment.ohio.gov
- Medicaid, Food and Cash Assistance, Child Care, Women, Infants and Children Food Assistance:
- Additional resources for economic support:
For answers to your COVID-19 questions, call 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (1-833-427-5634).
If you or a loved one are experiencing anxiety related to the coronavirus pandemic, help is available. Call the Disaster Distress Helpline at 1-800-985-5990 (1-800-846-8517 TTY); connect with a trained counselor through the Ohio Crisis Text Line by texting the keyword “4HOPE” to 741 741; or call the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services help line at 1-877-275-6364 to find resources in your community.
Protect yourself and others from COVID-19 by taking these precautions.
- Stay home
- Practice Social Distancing
- Get adequate sleep and eat well-balanced meals
- Wash hands often with water and soap (20 seconds or longer)
- Dry hands with a clean towel or air dry your hands
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth with unwashed hands or after touching surfaces
- Clean and disinfect "High-Touch" surfaces often
- Call before visiting your doctor
- Practice good hygiene habits
If you have questions regarding Coronavirus/COVID-19 please call 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (1-833-427-5634)
CLEAN ALL "HIGH-TOUCH" SURFACES EVERY DAY
High touch surfaces include counters, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets, and bedside tables. Also, clean any surfaces that may have blood, stool, or body fluids on them. Use a household cleaning spray or wipe according to the label instructions. Labels contain instructions for safe and effective use of the cleaning product including precautions you should take when applying the product, such as wearing gloves and making sure you have good ventilation during use of the product.