The archived report below reflects new and cumulative COVID-19 cases reported to schools by parents/guardians and staff for the period from Sep 7, 2020, through Aug. 1, 2021. Information for the 2021-2022 academic year is available on the 2021-2022 School Data dashboard. Schools are required to report cases to their assigned Local Health Department who then report to the Ohio Department of Health. Families and staff should always feel free to ask questions of the school district or school.
The first update of this dashboard was on September 17, 2020, with data from September 7 to 13, 2020. While the reporting system has been in place since September 7, 2020, some schools may have chosen to include cumulative cases from before that date.
Dashboard details and definitions are below the dashboard.
Note: A full screen option for this dashboard can be found on the lower right corner. To exit full screen mode press the 'Esc' key.
- Case Counts: Weekly case counts include full-time or part-time students and staff members who have tested positive or been diagnosed with COVID-19. Staff members include teachers, administrators, support staff, and coaches.
- Only cases among students or staff that engaged in on-site instruction, activities, or support services are included. Students or staff that were completely remote are not included. Regardless of the student or staff member's primary mode of instruction/work, an individual is classified as "on-site" if there was any interaction with other students or staff during the individual's infectious period. The infectious period is defined as the time from 48 hours before the onset of symptoms (or 48 hours before sample collection of a positive test for asymptomatic individuals) until the time when the individual is isolated.
- Reporting Period: Cases are reported by most recent week (new), and cumulative. The most recent week is defined as the previous Monday through Sunday, with updates provided weekly on Thursdays. The first update of this dashboard was on September 17, with data from September 7 to 13. While the reporting system has been in place since September 7, 2020, some schools may have chosen to include cumulative cases from before that date.
- Attending / Working in Multiple Schools: In a small number of situations, students or staff may attend school or work in multiple schools, districts or other educational settings (e.g., after-school settings). If an individual is positive and has had on-site interactions across multiple schools or districts during their infectious period, the individual would be counted as a case by multiple schools/districts for this dashboard. No cases are duplicated in the overall case numbers reported daily by ODH, but school cases are counted toward every school that is affected by a case.
- For instance, if a student spent most of their day on-site for instruction at a joint vocational school, and then went on-site to their home district for after-school activities, this student would be counted by both the joint vocational school district and their public school district. This is because both school districts would have had classrooms and buildings affected by this positive case.
- School Type Details:
- Public districts include traditional public districts, state supported schools, and STEM districts.
- Private schools include both non-public and non-chartered, non-tax supported schools.
- Community schools are commonly referred to as “charter schools.”
- Only ODE-licensed preschools and before- and after- school programs are included in this list. Any cases in preschools operated by public school districts are rolled into the school district’s overall case numbers.
- A full download of this week’s data is available by clicking the “CSV” icon in the top right of the dashboard. The accompanying data definition file is available here.
For more details on schools and the education sector, please see: Sector Specific Operating Requirements.