Ohio’s new Vaccine Management Solution (VMS) is a streamlined tool to help Ohioans determine vaccine eligibility, find providers, and receive updates and reminders at gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov.
What is the Vaccine Management Solution (VMS)?
The Vaccine Management Solution (VMS) is a website that allows Ohioans to easily determine whether they are currently eligible to receive COVID-19 vaccines, or sign up to receive future alerts when eligibility is expanded. No additional downloads are needed. Ohioans can access gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov on a smartphone, computer, or tablet.
When will I be able to use this tool?
All Ohioans can use the tool to determine eligibility and see providers now. However, during the program’s pilot phase, only eligible Ohioans in select areas can book an appointment directly within the VMS tool. Over the coming weeks, full booking functionality will expand to more providers statewide. While the program lists information for more than 800 providers across the state, many of these providers are continuing to work through existing scheduled appointments and patient waitlists before adding appointment availability into the Vaccine Management Solution (VMS) tool. As vaccines become more widely available and providers conclude vaccinating existing patients, the program will allow direct scheduling statewide.
How can the VMS help me?
It will simplify the scheduling process, allowing Ohioans to find providers nearby, schedule appointments, and get reminders. In addition, if someone isn’t yet eligible, they can enter additional information and sign up to be alerted when eligibility is expanded.
I don’t know if I’m eligible to get a vaccine yet. What should I do?
If an Ohioan isn’t sure if they fall into Ohio’s current vaccination group, they can answer a few questions at gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov to determine whether they are eligible to get a vaccine at this time. If they are eligible, they will be able to proceed to making an appointment nearby. If they are not yet eligible, they can enter additional information to be alerted when eligibility is expanded, or check back in the future.
What if I have already received my first dose?
This solution is best used by those beginning the vaccination process. Ohioans who have already started the vaccination process should visit the provider who administered their first dose of vaccine to receive their second dose.
What kind of reminders will I get?
Once you sign up with the Vaccine Management Solution (VMS), you can get alerts about future eligibility and appointment reminders.
Videos and training resources
- Vaccine Management Solution (VMS) Frequently Asked Questions
- Vaccine Management Solution Fact Sheet
- How to Schedule a COVID-19 Vaccination: Quick Reference Guide - A step-by-step guide on how to check eligibility and book a COVID-19 vaccine appointment at gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov.
- Accessing and Using the Patient Portal: Quick Reference Guide - These step-by-step instructions show you how to set up your account, cancel an appointment, and complete pre-screening information.
If you’re having difficulty with the system, we’re here to help:
- You can also chat with our Virtual Assistant at gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov for any COVID-19 vaccine, registration, and scheduling questions.
- By phone - Call 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (1-833-427-5634)